Last year, we took on a book challenge that challenged us to read 52 books over the course of the year. Weread everything from books told in letter format to books with an unreliable narrator to non-fiction to books in a genre we normally never pick up. We had so much fun sharing our favorites with each other.
At Runels Readers, you regularly share your favorites with us too. We know you read a wide-variety of books and we love that you enjoy reading as much as we do. So this year, we're challenging you to take the Runels Readers Summer 2018 Challenge.
We challenge you to read 20 books between now and your last day at camp this summer. We've picked 20 prompts to get you started reading - print out our handy dandy chart to help you track what you read. Campers who finish all 20 prompts and bring their lists to camp will be award a Love to Read patch.
- One of the Runels Readers books. (Check out this summer’s selections!)
- A book with a color in the title.
- A book about an interesting girl/woman.
- A book with a time of day in the title.
- A book set at sea.
- A book involving a sport.
- A book with an animal in the title.
- A book with alliteration.
- The next book in a series you started.
- A book about twins.
- A book that is a childhood classic.
- A book with an ugly cover.
- A book set in a library/bookstore.
- A book with a fruit or veggie in the title.
- A book that was a gift.
- A book that involves a mystery.
- A book about one of your heroes.
- A non-fiction book.
- A favorite of another Girl Scout you know.
- A book about summer camp!